2023-2024 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
In 1999, the Denver Fire Fighters Burn Foundation started a scholarship program for burn survivors to assist them in reaching their goals. Anyone who has been treated at The Children’s Hospital Burn Center or has attended the Cheley/Children’s Hospital Burn Camp, Winter Camp, or Project Challenge, is eligible for the national assistance program.
Applicants must reapply each year for this scholarship and must maintain a GPA of at least 2.0 throughout the school year. Up to ten scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each will be awarded annually. Any applicant must be pre-enrolled and accepted to a college, university, trade school, or technical school before the grants will be awarded.
The following items must be attached to your application for it to be considered:
- High school transcript/GED, including credits and GPA (if applicable)
- College, University, Trade/Technical school transcripts and GPA
- 2 letters of recommendation from counselors, teachers, principal, instructors, professors
- List of extracurricular activities (sports, community service, clubs, etc.)
- Wallet size (2¼” x 3½”) photograph (e.g. your senior picture)
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must have:
- Received inpatient care at The Children’s Hospital Burn Center or have attended one of
- The Children’s Hospital Burn Camps.
- Completed high school or received a GED or be in his/her senior year at the time of
- application. Students enrolled in college course work are eligible as well.
- Must have applied for acceptance or accepted to an accredited college, university,
- trade/technical school.
- Express a need for financial assistance.
- Be a US citizen.
Applications must be returned to The Denver Fire Fighters Charitable Foundation
12 Lakeside Lane
Denver, CO 80212
Applications must be postmarked by December 31, 2023.
Scholarships will be awarded as approved.